Fire damages home in Andresen neighborhood

first_imgA small fire damaged the laundry room of a house Saturday in the Andresen neighborhood of Vancouver, according to emergency radio traffic monitored at The Columbian.The fire was reported about 10:25 p.m. at 9307 N.E. 52nd Ave. Vancouver Fire Department crews arriving on scene reported a small amount of black smoke coming from the second story.An initial attack knocked the flames down, and firefighters went in with a hand line to follow up.The fire appeared to be limited to the laundry room, though smoke had spread to other rooms.The house’s owner is listed as Robert Espino of Meridian, Idaho, according to county property records.A fire marshal was paged to the scene.last_img