first_imgTHE DREAM IS OVER.CAPPRY ROVERS U12’sCappry Rovers under 12’s were is action on Saturday morning when they played Evergreen FC (Kilkenny) in Cappry Park. This was the 1st time a team from our club had reached the last 32 in Ireland.In very windy and wintry conditions Cappry played against a very strong gale in the 1st half. It took them 10 minutes to find their touch and get into the rhythm of the game and to learn how to cope with the physicality of their much bigger opposition. Unfortunately, by this time they were 2 nil behind. For the rest of the half Cappry were as good if not the better team and troubled the Evergreen defence on numerous occasions. Mark Mbuli was going through on goal when the Evergreen keeper came rushing out and handled the ball outside the box. Luke McGlynn took the resulting free but the Evergreen defence dealt well with his shot. Kevin McCormack was the next to bombard the Evergreen goal when a through ball split the Evergreen defence and sent him one on one with the keeper. Their keeper pulled off a great save but Kevin managed to get to the rebound but somehow the keeper threw out a to put the ball out for a corner kick. Cappry were always a threat on both flanks with Shaun McMenamin and Oisin McGlinchey on the right and Daniel Marley and Mark Mbuli on the left. 2 minutes before half time the impressive Mark Mbuli was fouled on the wing and Shaun Ward took the resulting free kick. He floated the ball over a packed Evergreen box and nestled it into the far top corner.With the score at 2-1 at half time, optimism was high. Cappry would have the aid of the wind at their backs! Nobody told the wind!!!The wind eased for a spell at the start of the 2nd half and Cappry couldn’t capitalise on their strong finish to the 1st half. To Evergreen’s credit, the battled hard themselves and scored their 3rd of the game. This was followed shortly after by a 4th Evergreen goal.Cappry could have lay down after that as they must have felt everything was going against them but to their credit they battled on and attacked the Evergreen goal. Unfortunately luck was not on their side and every breaking ball seemed to land at the feet of an Evergreen defender. With time running out Andrew Murray got his head to a cross and sent it like a bullet to the back of the net. Joseph Gillespie shortly after was very unlucky to see his shot go narrowly past the upright. The game ended 4-2 to Evergreen FC. The final score line did not reflect the tightness of this game and all our players can hold their heads up high as they have made themselves, their families and the club extremely proud of what they have achieved.The club would like to thank everyone who came out on such a horrible day to offer your support to the team, all who were involved in the tea making and supplied enough food to feed an army! Thanks also to Sharon Deery who took loads of photos for Cappry on the day.We would like also to wish Evergreen FC the best of luck in the remainder of the competition.CAPPRY ROVERS LOTTO Last weeks Lotto took place in the Roadhouse Bar on Saturday night.The numbers drawn in last week’s draw were 2, 5, 7, 9.There was no jackpot winner.The winner of the €50 lucky ticket was Ronnie Reilly, Roadhouse Bar.Next weeks jackpot is €4350.Remember if you’re not in, you can’t win!!!CAPPRY ROVERSWith the Cappry pitch deemed unplayable this game was reversed to Milford.Milford earned a valuable three points with a hard fought win over Cappry Rovers, holding on in a tight finish to win 4.3. Milford led 3-0 at half time with Adam Serrinha scoring the first after 5 minutes, a good finish from 12 yards. Two further goals came when Mark Flood headed home a Gary Merritt free kick and then Kyle Black finished a good run to tap home. Gary Merritt drove home following a good run by Kyle black who squared his cross for his strike partner to finish. Milford looked like they would run out comfortable winners but to their credit Cappry Rovers kept working hard and got back into it from the penalty spot when Colm Melaugh scored. Darren O’ Leary then tapped home before he then scored a 40 yard free kick which went into the roof of the net to leave a tense finish. To be fair to both teams they deserve great credit for playing good football in tough conditions.CAPPRY ROVERS RESERVESCappry Rovers Reserves are back in action again next weekend when they travel to Keadue on Saturday with kick off at 2pm.CAPPRY ROVERS U14’s On Sunday 31/1/15 Cappry Crusaders travelled to the Rosses to play Keadue. Ronan Gallagher captained the side and led the midfield with dynamic tackling, passing and work rate. Crusaders started well with the ever improving Odhran Thomas leading the line with incisive running and two superb goals. Keadue got a goal each side of half time to even up the game at 2-2 with 15 minutes left! Our boys stuck to their passing game and a superb one two with Johnny Griffin set the impressive Kian Mulligan free into the Keadue penalty box where he was fouled. Keelan Browne scored from the penalty spot. Try as they might Cappry could not find another goal as the Keadue Keeper was on form. A late goal from Keadue left the final score 3-3. This was a good team performance from all 13 who travelled, from the start to the final whistle, and the hard work being Put at training is starting to show! Thanks to coach Pat McGee and all at Keadue for a great game and  hospitality!CAPPRY COLTS 12’sBallybofey Cubs 1 Cappry Colts 2The Colts made the short trip to the Finn Valley Centre on Saturday afternoon last to take on Ballybofey Cubs. Played in poor conditions both teams tried to play open attacking football. The 1st half was fairly even with Niall Ryan and Charlie Griffin having a couple of half chances for Cappry but Oran Bonar the Ballybofey keeper dealt with them both. The 2nd half started with the Colts creating a few chances with Odhran Quigley Doherty, Patrick Long and Niall Marley impressing.The breakthrough came 12 minutes from time when Ronan Callaghan slid a great pass to Sean Ryan who then looped the ball over the keeper for the opener. Cappry scored 6 minutes later following good link up play involving Darragh Carroll and Eoin McGonagle to set up Sean Ryan again who slotted home from six yards to make it 2 nil. Ballybofey to their credit laid siege on the Cappry goal after this and were rewarded 2 minutes from time when Cahir Browne scored from close range. Shea Doherty pulled off a great save in injury time to make sure the Colts went home with the 3 points. Thanks to the Ballybofey team and management for a very sporting contest, match referee George Clinton and our 10 Colts who all played superbly.LAST MAN STANDING COMPETITIONCappry are going to run another Last Man Standing competition which will run from the 13th February. If you would like to take part and be in with a chance to win €300 and at the same time support your local team, please get a form from any of our under age coaches or call Danny 087 7797581. BRAVE CAPPRY ROVERS U12’S BOW OUT OF SFAI NATIONAL CUP TO EVERGREEN FC was last modified: February 2nd, 2016 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:CapprysoccerSportlast_img read more