2 more NOC escapees recaptured by Police

first_imgThe New Opportunity Corps, Onderneeming, Essequibo Coast, Region TwoTwo male teens, who had escaped from the New Opportunity Corps (NOC) which is located at Onderneeming, Essequibo Coast, Region Two (Pomeroon-Supenaam) on March 26, have been recaptured by the police. However, police are still on the hunt for one more teen, who is still to be recaptured.The others from the group of the six who escaped have returned to the NOC voluntarily.This is according to Commander of G Division (Essequibo Coast-Islands), Senior Superintendent Khali Pareshram, who said that law enforcement officials are still on the hunt for one remaining juvenile.He previously told this publication, in relation to the latest escape attempted by teens housed at the institution, that although six had escaped from the NOC between March 25 and 26, 2019, a report was only made to the police about the incident on March 29 (Friday).Reports are that on March 26, 2019, at about 08:00h, four males escaped by scaling the fence surrounding the juvenile correctional facility.On the same day at about 17:30h, two other male teens crawled through a dried up koker in the compound.They all made good their escape.Less than two weeks before this, on March 16, 24 teenagers, who were being housed at this holding centre in Region Two, escaped from the facility.Reports are that at about 09:30h, the discovery was made that 17 males and seven females made good their escape even with three security officers and their dorm mothers and fathers in the building.According to the police, investigations revealed that the females opened a southern door in their dormitory and tied five sheets together then threw the knotted sheets over the western fence of the compound in order to escape.last_img read more

Kompany happy to keep Man City title champagne on ice

first_img0Shares0000Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany is on the verge of winning his third Premier League title © AFP/File / Adrian DENNISLONDON, United Kingdom, Apr 6 – Vincent Kompany says Manchester City are happy to wait to seal the Premier League title, while clinging to the hope they can overturn a 3-0 defeat in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final against Liverpool.Pep Guardiola’s team would clinch the league with six games remaining if they beat Manchester United at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday, which would make them the quickest champions in Premier League history. City captain Kompany said the derby against second-placed United was the club’s short-term priority but the players felt they had “unfinished business” against Liverpool.“We’ve got one chance to do it in the Champions League,” he said. “In the Premier League we’ve got plenty of opportunities to do the job.“We’ll make it (the Premier League) a priority…. It’s never been like this. You play the league and usually go on holiday but this one feels completely different.”Kompany, who has already won two Premier League titles at City, said nobody at the club believed the European tie was over despite the chastening defeat at Anfield in midweek.“We have to live with the consequences of this result but that’s what makes football special,” said the Belgium international.“We had a very short period of time in this game where everything went wrong but the same can happen in the next game for the opposition. That’s what keeps us believing we can create chances.”Liverpool’s three-goal advantage means if they score in the away leg next week City will have to come up with five goals if they are to progress to the last four but Kompany said they had the firepower to turn the tie around.Kompany said City’s fans would have a big role to play in inspiring the team after experiencing the power of the Anfield crowd on Wednesday.“Fair play to Liverpool — their fans, the club, the way they lived up to this event but it’s our time to do it now but I’ve seen it before so I’ve no doubt they can.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more