Wingspan Portfolio Advisors Files For Bankruptcy

first_img The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Bankruptcy Wingspan Portfolio Advisors 2015-07-14 Brian Honea Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago Wingspan Portfolio Advisors Files For Bankruptcy  Print This Post in Daily Dose, Featured, News Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago About Author: Brian Honea Tagged with: Bankruptcy Wingspan Portfolio Advisors Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago Share Save Wingspan Portfolio Advisors filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy on Tuesday in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Texas, the court confirmed to DS News.In a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, the company ceases operations while a trustee liquidates a company’s assets in order to pay off debt. A company in Chapter 7 bankruptcy continues operations only if the trustee decides to continue.”Since this is a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, the debtor no longer exists,” said Wingspan’s bankruptcy attorney, Dan Morenoff, of Dallas-based The Morenoff Firm. “A trustee now owns the estate. The parking brake has been pulled and the trustee is in charge.”The trustee, Michelle Chow, could not immediately be reached for comment.Wingpsan, which was founded in 2008 by Steve Horne, announced in October 2014 that it had received a multi-million dollar capital infusion from its stockholder investor group. Around the same time, Wingspan announced the divestiture of insurance claims management firm Dimont & Associates, which Wingspan acquired in May 2013, after Dimont received a recapitalization of its own.Also in October 2014, Wingspan announced that its founder and CEO, Horne, had been moved into a senior advisor role with the firm while Jason Spooner, EVP of national operations with Wingspan since 2012, was named president of the company. At that time, Horne said that with the divestiture of Dimont & Associates and the capital infusion, Wingspan was debt free. Horne said Wingspan had “experienced a fair degree of turbulence” with the industry’s shift out of the default crisis, and that the company has made moves to diversify its services and align its workforce to the new environment. Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago Home / Daily Dose / Wingspan Portfolio Advisors Files For Bankruptcycenter_img Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago Previous: DS News Webcast: Wednesday 7/15/2015 Next: Bank of America’s Net Income More Than Doubles in Q2; U.S. Bank, PNC Profitable Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago The Week Ahead: Nearing the Forbearance Exit 2 days ago The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Brian Honea’s writing and editing career spans nearly two decades across many forms of media. He served as sports editor for two suburban newspaper chains in the DFW area and has freelanced for such publications as the Yahoo! Contributor Network, Dallas Home Improvement magazine, and the Dallas Morning News. He has written four non-fiction sports books, the latest of which, The Life of Coach Chuck Curtis, was published by the TCU Press in December 2014. A lifelong Texan, Brian received his master’s degree from Amberton University in Garland. Related Articles July 14, 2015 2,497 Views Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago Sign up for DS News Daily Subscribelast_img read more

Vermont Could Receive Over $25 Million in Home Heating Funds

first_imgVermont Could Receive Over $25 Million in Home Heating FundsWaterbury, Vt.-Governor Jim Douglas praised the U.S. House of Representatives for their historic vote on September 25, 2008, to fully fund the federal Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) at $5.1 billion, the maximum funding level authorized for fiscal year 2009.Governor Douglas said the LIHEAP provision was included in the House-passed version of a Continuing Resolution which would fund the vast majority of government programs at fiscal year 2008 levels through March 2009.”The House’s decision to fully fund the LIHEAP program for this coming year-at nearly double the 2008 appropriation-is an indication that they understand the critical importance of the LIHEAP program for all states,” said Governor Jim Douglas. “I want to thank Congressman Welch for his leadership on this issue and his colleagues for their support for this critically important program. The northeastern governors are all very grateful that the House has responded to our calls for full funding of LIHEAP.””We now urge the Senate and president to quickly follow suit,” Governor Douglas continued. “If they can find $700 billion to bailout Wall Street, surely than can find the resources to keep low income Americans warm this winter.”Last year, Vermont received a LIHEAP block grant of $11.7 million, and an overall total of nearly $19.4 million in funding, when contingency funding is included in the equation.Governor Douglas said if the Senate passes the measure supported by the House, and the President signs it into law, Vermont stands to receive almost $25.6 million in block grant funding from the program. This is more than double last year’s base funding, at almost $14 million.”Vermont was able to provide the most generous LIHEAP benefit in the nation to low-income residents last year,” added Secretary of the Agency of Human Services Cynthia D. LaWare. “Due to the skyrocketing costs of home heating fuel this year, the LIHEAP program must be fully funded if we are to ensure a similar benefit level to our LIHEAP recipients this year. The House’s commitment to this issue is a very positive step toward making this a reality, and I urge the Senate and the President to address this issue immediately.”Vermont is actively engaged in a variety of statewide efforts to address the challenge of rising fuel and food costs. For more information about the Governor’s Fuel and Food Partnership, and what State and community partners are doing to help keep Vermonters warm this winter, please visit: http://helpforvt.org/(link is external)###last_img read more

Conte fighting in London court to recover ‘£27m he lost to scammer’

first_img The claimants believed that their money would be guaranteed by HSBC, for whom Bochicchio worked between 2006 and 2012. But in reality, the bank had nothing to do with the deals. Conte showed the court a faked document that had appeared to come from HSBC. read also:Inter crisis: Allegri tipped to take-over from Conte Lawyers also claimed that Bochicchio “agreed to hand over account statements, books and records from Kidman Asset Management” – but in fact did not do so. And he has also failed to provide documentation proving “the nature of third parties” within the agreements, as well as where money was being spent – according to the lawsuit. Failure to comply with the injunction could even see Bochicchio imprisoned, if he is found to be in contempt of court. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The World9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This Year14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right NowThe Best Cars Of All TimeWhat Is A Black Hole In Simple Terms?The Funniest Prankster Grandma And Her GrandsonWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?9 Iconic Roles That Got Rejected By World Famous ActorsCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth? Loading… center_img Former Chelsea manager, Antonio Conte, is aiming to recover £27 million after allegedly being scammed by an investment manager in London. The 51-year-old enjoyed a successful two-year stint at Stamford Bridge between 2016 and 2018 – winning the Premier League and FA Cup along the way. But The Times reports that he had less success off the pitch, after investing £27m in Kidman Asset Management. Now Conte, along with seven other investors, are taking action against the company’s chief, Massimo Bochicchio, after failing to receive the returns they say they’d been promised. Bochicchio, 54, has seen £47m worth of assets frozen, including the West London flat in which Conte lived during his Chelsea tenure. The freezing injunction was granted by judge David Foxton on July 17 after Bochicchio was found to have “breached the terms of eight settlement deeds” that had been agreed with the investors back in May. As well as Conte, Bochicchio is reported to owe £6.5m to Palesa Sarl, a company based in Luxembourg.Advertisementlast_img read more

Pets Ready For Adoption In Olympia

first_imgHello, I am a black, female, 2 year old cat and my # is 82610. I am a shy cat in search of a forever home to call my own. Please come down and meet me or call 360-352-2510 for more information about me. Thank you. Facebook0Tweet0Pin0 Hello, my name is Spike. I am a male, about 6 years old and a Lab/Rottweiler mix. I am big boy with a big heart. I know sit and do ok on walks, with a little work I will be great on walks. I am also a relaxed and loving dog; I was lying in the grass with a Joint Animal Services volunteer right before this picture. I enjoy getting pets and will repay a good pet session with kisses. I enjoy playing catch but don’t feel the need to give the ball back to you after I run and get it. My past owner wasn’t able to keep me but said I was good with kids, other dogs and cats (although because of my size I might accidently knock over small children). They also said I do well in cars and can be trusted to be in the house alone.  I miss having a home of my own and can’t wait to find my forever family. Please come down and meet me or call 360-352-2510 for information about me. My # is 84803. Thank you!center_img Hello, I am a female, short/medium haired brown tabby cat and my # is 84467. I am a loving cat in search of my forever family. Please come down and meet me or call 360-352-2510 for more information. Thank youlast_img read more