First live Kidney Transplant surgery in Kurnool

first_imgKurnool: Superintendent of Kurnool General Hospital, Dr P Chandra Sekhar has said that the doctors of the hospital have created history in successfully performing live kidney transplantation. It is a historical event to all the doctors of Kurnool Government General Hospital, stated Chandra Sekhar. A team of doctors have transplanted kidney for the first time in the hospital on Monday. Also Read – 10 injured as school bus falls off bridge in Nellore district Advertise With Us On the successful occasion, Chandra Sekhar has addressed media at his chamber and said that the transplant was done for a 24-year-old Ramanjeneyulu, who received a kidney from his 44-year-old mother. He said that the Head of the Nephrology department Dr P.N Jikki along with a team of 10 doctors have performed kidney transplantation. As the transplantation process was very risky, it took around four to five hours, stated Chandra Sekhar. Also Read – TDP to open shelters for victims of attacks Advertise With Us Dr PN Jikki said this is the first-ever kidney transplant done at the hospital. Earlier we used to do dialysis to the kidney patients. We have successfully performed live kidney transplant to 24 years old Ramanjaneyulu, adding She said that both the recipient and the donor are doing well with the recipient’s body has accepted the organ.last_img read more

Community pitches in to help get shrimp boat back out to sea

first_imgDrone shot of Big Earl shrimp boat beached in Holden Beach on May 15, 2018. (Photo: Mark Moore) BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — Five days and still no change. Shrimp boat Big Earl has been stuck on Holden Beach since last week is still there.Captain Virgil Coleman was hoping tonight was the night to get the boat back to sea.- Advertisement – The tide this morning didn’t help dislodge the boat from the sand as the captain had hoped.The boat has been beached since Thursday.Coleman says they have been digging a trench all around the boat Tuesday but was unsuccessful of getting the boat back out during high tide this evening.Related Article: Holden Beach Pier goes up for saleColeman says two local boaters tried to pull him out. One of the straps attached to Big Earl broke while one of the other boats was pulling it out to the ocean.(Photo: Michael Staley‎)As the boat started to move on its own, Coleman said the blower in the engine caught on fire. Now, he says this must be fixed.The crew will try again Wednesday.He says his next option may be to call the US Coast Guard for assistance.last_img read more