Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 03 Feb 2015 – It will be an autopsy that will unravel the mystery of how a 17 year old Clement Howell High School student died at hospital on Monday. It appears it was a heart attack, but InterHealth Canada only explains: “…at approximately 2:15 pm, an adolescent male age 17 years was transported to the Cheshire Hall Medical Center via ambulance by the Emergency Medical Services after he complained of feeling unwell at the National Stadium. His condition worsened suddenly upon admission to the Emergency Department and all subsequent efforts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful.” National Heritage Month ends Related Items:autopsy, clement howell high school, interhealth canada, student Eagles win again at InterHigh Championships Clement Howell High get their hands dirty for World Wetlands Day 2016 Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp
Making It WorkTarget Publishing, a UK-based publisher of 21 trade and consumer magazines, has been working with 3D Issue for more than four years and has recently switched to the new version. Managing director David Cann says his company plans to leverage the PressJack tool to allow consumers to pull web content from its various magazines—covering topics such as health, education, food, and sports—to create a personalized issue, including regionalized content and advertising.“The consumer will now be in charge of the content that they want,” says Cann. “That allows us to be very targeted with their advertising, by knowing the content that they want to pull. This is important in terms of seeing what the future is and our ability to develop our business further.” Cann expects this capability, along with the interactive features made possible through HTML5 technology, will accelerate digital revenues—already up 100 percent year-on-year for the past five, with digital editions comprising 80 percent. According to Cann, a 100-page magazine may take 15-20 minutes to embed into the tool. He says, “You don’t need to have a technical expert to use this software. We’ve home grown our skills. We didn’t go out and find a developer, we had someone internally who had an interest in this area.” The software can be licensed for $449 and is available for a 30-day trial. By now it’s become clear that HTML5 warrants serious consideration among magazine publishers hoping to keep pace with the vast changes in the way audiences consume media. Those trying to stay or break ahead of the curve have already taken steps, large and small, toward its adoption. But for many publishers, implementation of the standard—still under development—poses a serious burden to staffs who may not have the necessary resources or training to invest in the switch.In light of these concerns, digital publishing software 3D Issue has released its version five, which promises to deliver all the features of Flash—hyperlinks, videos, sound—by converting PDFs into HTML5 digital editions that can be read on any desktop, tablet or mobile device “all in one go,” without the need for readers to scroll or zoom.“All you have to do is select the devices you want to output your publications to and click publish,” says Paul Mc Nulty, managing director of 3D Issue.Version five also includes a tool called PressJack, which allows publishers to create a digital magazine by pulling content from their web pages, blogs, and RSS feeds into a digital magazine. Mc Nulty says the PressJack is the first tool on the market to bring the “maggregator” technology—as used by apps such as FlipBoard, Zite or OnSwipe—beyond the iPad and into a publisher’s control. While this component of version five is still based in Flash, Mc Nulty says the tool will be HTML5-enabled by March 1.
Dan Cohen AUTHOR Leaders and other stakeholders from Columbus, Ga., participated in two public workshops last week to discuss the likely impact of the loss of Fort Benning’s 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division.The post originally had been projected to lose 3,402 soldiers but the figure now is closer to 2,800. About 1,050 soldiers left in December, with the remaining 1,750 slated to leave by the end of July. The cuts are part of the Army’s latest restructuring, which will shrink its active-duty end strength from 490,000 to 450,000 by the end of fiscal 2018.Attendees at the session on Thursday agreed that one strategy the Chattahoochee Valley should adopt in response to the changes is to find ways to retain separating service members, reported WTVM.The community needs to dedicate resources to workforce training for veterans, said Columbus Mayor Teresa Tomlinson. Convincing veterans to remain in the region should prompt the federal government to continue to invest in the Chattahoochee Valley area, Tomlinson said.“We have state-of-the-art facilities, we have excess capacity, room for growth,” she said. “As other bases are having to close because they’re obsolete, why don’t they come on to Fort Benning?”Matrix Design Group hosted the workshops for a study about the economic impacts of the cutbacks at Fort Benning. The study, primarily funded by DOD’s Office of Economic Adjustment, also will consider strategies for diversifying the valley’s economy.“The community really needs to figure out what else it can do to lead job creation and other things to make this a vibrant community,” said Sal Nodjomian, executive vice president of Matrix.
WILMINGTON, MA — The following two children were baptized and joined the Parish of the Transfiguration on Sunday, August 18, 2019:Nicholas Joseph RichardsonIsabella Maria RizzoCongratulations to these children and their families.(NOTE: List is from the latest St. Thomas/St. Dorothy church bulletin. The cover photo is from Airgoz Aerial Photography.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… Related4 Children Baptized At The Parish Of The TransfigurationIn “Community”2 Children Baptized At The Parish Of The TransfigurationIn “Community”5 Children Baptized At The Parish Of The TransfigurationIn “Community”
A constable of Special Security and Protection Battalion (SPBn), stationed at the Ganabhaban (prime minister’s official residence), sustained bullet injuries mistakenly early Monday.The injured policeman has been identified as Rahimuddin.SPBn-2 officials said that the victim was shot accidentally during the regular checking of firearms around 3:00am.He was rushed to the Dhaka Medical College Hospital and later transferred to the National Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases (NICVD) at Sher-e-Bangla Nagar, said DMCH police outpost sub-inspector Bachchu Mia.Selim Khan, the police superintendent of SPBn-2, said that Rahimuddin may require surgery.An investigation team has been formed to investigate the matter.
Share Hansi Lo Wang/NPRFrom left to right, Tommy Shiels, Dennis Hayden, John Houlihan and Thomas Ring attend the New York Irish Center’s weekly luncheon for seniors in Queens, N.Y. Many attendees say they support the 2020 census asking white people about their origins.The race question is going to get complicated for many people who identify as white on the U.S. census.Since 1960, when U.S. residents were first allowed to self-report their race on the census, just answering “White” has been enough to complete the race question. But the federal government is now preparing to essentially ask non-Hispanic white people where they and their ancestors are from as part of the Census Bureau’s inquiry into their racial identity.Last month, the Census Bureau announced it’s adding a write-in area for the “White” category on the 2020 census questionnaire so that participants can provide their “origins.”“Print, for example, German, Irish, English, Italian, Lebanese, Egyptian, etc.,” read the instructions on the form the bureau is using in a practice run of the 2020 census in Rhode Island’s Providence County beginning in March.Those suggested answers are among the largest U.S. population groups descending from Europe, the Middle East and North Africa — regions with “original peoples” classified by the U.S. government as “White,” according to the federal standards for race and ethnicity data.‘I don’t know … where they’re from’The Census Bureau has not responded to NPR’s questions about why this change is being made to the “White” category for 2020. A similar write-in area will be added under the “Black and African American” category.The bureau has conducted extensive research into how to collect more accurate data about race and ethnicity in 2020. The data play a critical role in drawing legislative districts, enforcing civil rights laws and analyzing health statistics.Researchers at the bureau have recommended adding check boxes for the largest ethnic groups and a write-in area for smaller groups under the racial categories in a proposal that would radically overhaul the race and ethnicity questions on the census.But that extensive change would have required the White House’s Office of Management and Budget — which sets the standards on race and ethnicity data for the Census Bureau and other federal agencies — to approve an Obama-era proposal that census experts say the Trump administration is not likely to move forward.Nevertheless, in a report released last year, researchers at the Census Bureau wrote that it has been trying to address community concerns about the race and ethnicity questions, including a “call for more detailed, disaggregated data for our diverse American experiences as German, Mexican, Korean, Jamaican, and myriad other identities.”For Cindy Spector of Brooklyn, N.Y., the new write-in area she’ll be asked to complete after marking the “White” box in 2020 is raising questions about how well she knows her family tree.“According to my grandparents, we’re Russian and Romanian,” she says.But she’s not sure where her great-grandparents and earlier ancestors were from.“They may have been from another country altogether,” she adds.‘What kind of white’The census has asked all U.S. households about their origins previously. Recent questionnaires, including the one used in 2010, have asked all participants about ethnicity in terms of “Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin.” But questions about ancestry have appeared on forms separately from the race question.Asking about origins in the context of race is a significant detail for Peter Farnsworth of Brooklyn, who says this change to the “White” category gets into personal territory.“Don’t make me specify what kind of white,” he says. “If you want to know my race, that’s fine. But I don’t need to give you details about what kind of white I identify with.”Farnsworth says he identifies as “American,” though his family has ties with England, Scotland, Ireland and Jamaica.“Nobody ever believes me when I say this,” he adds, “but my dad’s side of the family has lived in Jamaica for hundreds of years.”Elizabeth Grasso, also from Brooklyn, says her ancestors came from Germany and Italy.“We came here from Sicily pretty recently,” she explains, referring to her Italian grandparents, “but not me.”Being asked to give a more detailed answer about her white identity, she adds, brings back stories she’s heard about her immigrant grandparents.“There was discrimination against them when they were younger that … I’m very lucky to not experience now,” Grasso says. “But there was a time when Italians weren’t considered white.”‘No problem with that’At a recent luncheon for seniors at the New York Irish Center in Queens, N.Y., many said they support the 2020 census asking white people about their origins.“There would be no problem with that,” said Thomas Ring of Queens, who plans to write “Irish” on his census form. “I don’t think it makes a difference. We have all kinds of nationalities in the country.”Hansi Lo Wang/NPRErica Paul (left) and Danielle Gallagher serve lunch to John Houlihan and other seniors attending the New York Irish Center’s Wednesday Lunch Club in Queens, N.Y. On a wall of historical memorabilia hanging behind them is an old sign saying “HELP WANTED, NO IRISH NEED APPLY.”Fellow Queens resident Martina Molloy helped served slices of pizza to Ring and other seniors lined up in front of a wall of historical memorabilia, including an old sign saying “HELP WANTED, NO IRISH NEED APPLY.”Molloy said she recently thought about how limiting the “White” box is when she recently filled out a form that asked for her race.“It’s nice to be able to add something extra,” she said.Born in Northern Ireland, she has lived in the U.S. longer than in her birth country. But she said with a laugh, “I always consider myself Irish first and American second, which may not be the right thing to say in this country but that’s how I feel.”‘Is that accurate?’Julia Clear, another Queens resident who attended the senior luncheon, is also planning to write “Irish” for her origins. Her late husband was of Italian descent, and she’s worried their sons will have trouble fitting in both “Irish” and “Italian” in the write-in area.Still, she hopes the 2020 census responses will lead to a better count of people of Irish descent in the U.S., estimated to be at 32.7 million according to 2015 data from the Census Bureau’s American Community Survey.“Is that accurate? Or is there a heck of a lot more of us out there?” Clear asked, wondering if the numbers from 2020 could show whether she’s part of a shrinking population of Irish immigrants in the U.S.“There are some people here that are in their 20s and 30s,” she said, “but they’re going to be the last bastions of people that are going to come in here and especially if the president wants to come along and just lock down the borders.”But Charles Gallagher, a sociologist at La Salle University in Philadelphia who studies white identity, warns that any 2020 census numbers about white origins may not be reliable.“If you have a population that’s been in the U.S. for a very long time and people have been, you know, crossing the ethnic line and dating and marrying,” he says, “people aren’t going to have a real accurate record.”He adds that if you’re thinking about mailing out your DNA for testing, beware: So far, the results are not a reliable guide, he says, for how to fill out your census form accurately.Copyright 2018 NPR. To see more, visit http://www.npr.org/.
Share Here are some nice aerial shots of the I-610/I-69 interchange project. We will be doing a lot more come 2019. Check back and make sure to let your friends and family know to follow us for updates. pic.twitter.com/f0MTSt3Xlf— HOU610at69 (@HOU610at69) December 17, 2018 To embed this piece of audio in your site, please use this code: 00:00 /00:45 Listen X Important closure coming up in early January for the 610/69 interchange project. I-69 SW Freeway SB frontage road from I-610 to S. Rice will be closed beginning in early January and remain closed until further notice. pic.twitter.com/qnTYLNRgtL— HOU610at69 (@HOU610at69) December 18, 2018 I-69 at the 610 West Loop is a traffic hot spot in Houston. The two freeway segments that meet at the interchange top the list of the most congested in Texas, according to the Department of Transportation (TxDOT).Danny Perez, a spokesman for TxDOT, says a project the Department has already started is designed to eliminate a lot of the weaving motions that lead to crashes in the hot spot. They want to give drivers more time to make decisions before they have to merge.“You’ll have increased capacity on connector ramps for instance,” explained Perez. “So if you’re going 610 northbound to 69 going northbound you’ll have a wider connector that will be set further back.”The project includes higher and wider ramps along with other improvements. Perez says the work could take up five to six years but they’re hoping to finish sooner.“At some point in the future within the next year to two years, you’re going to see more of the main lane closures where we’re starting to hang beams,” said Perez. “But thankfully we’ve not had to do that thus far.”The work will cost about $259 million and some of it is funded through Texas Clear Lanes, an initiative to unsnarl the state’s most crowded roadways. – / 4
The Prevention of Blindness Society of Metropolitan Washington will host a Low Vision Lunch & Learn on Feb. 10 from 11 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. at the MedStar Washington Hospital Center, 110 Irving St., N.W. The event will feature guest speaker Olivia Dryjski, M.D. Participants are encouraged to learn how a dilated eye exam can save sight and perhaps the health of a heart. Space is limited. To register, call the Eye Center at 202-877-6159. Ask about parking.