Some of the most active companies traded Wednesday on the Toronto Stock Exchange:Toronto Stock Exchange (15,217.33, down 39.02 points):Kinross Gold Corp. (TSX:K). Miner. Up 10 cents, or 1.91 per cent, to $5.34 on 4.7 million shares.Cenovus Energy Inc. (TSX:CVE). Oil and gas. Down 11 cents, or 1.04 per cent, to $10.43 on 4.3 million shares.Canadian Natural Resources Ltd. (TSX:CNQ). Oil and gas. Down eight cents, or 0.20 per cent, to $40.71 on 4.2 million shares.Encana Corp. (TSX:ECA). Oil and gas. Down 10 cents, or 0.80 per cent, to $12.42 on 3.6 million shares.Trevali Mining Corp. (TSX:TV). Miner. Up two cents, or 1.54 per cent, to $1.32 on 3.5 million shares.Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. (TSX:VRX). Pharmaceutical. Down $1.89, or 9.57 per cent, to $17.85 on 3.3 million shares.Companies reporting major news:Stars Group Inc. (TSX:TSGI). Online gaming. Up $1.38, or 6.10 per cent, to $23.99 on 853,876 shares. The former Amaya Inc. is reporting a dramatic increase in profit for the second quarter and improved expectations for 2017 adjusted earnings as its evolution gains momentum. The company, which owns PokerStars and other online gaming businesses, says it had US$70.5 million of net income during the quarter and US$114 million of adjusted earnings.
- Attawapiskat Chief Spence says departmentappointed thirdparty manager booted from community
- First Nations look to make agreements before mining convention
- St Annes Residential School survivors fight for release of documents
- Small number apply for residential school credit
- Trudeau doublesdown on promises to First Nations pledges new Indigenous languages law