Singer Chillie Thilanka who was arrested earlier this month over an alleged assault on a man, was granted bail today.The singer was arrested after he surrendered to the Thalangama police on October 11. Chillie Thilanka was produced in court and remanded till today. He was granted bail when he was produced in court today. (Colombo Gazette) The assault had taken place on the road when a funeral procession was underway.A police complaint was lodged over the assault on the 57 year old man. The man was admitted to hospital.
- Attawapiskat Chief Spence says departmentappointed thirdparty manager booted from community
- First Nations look to make agreements before mining convention
- St Annes Residential School survivors fight for release of documents
- Small number apply for residential school credit
- Trudeau doublesdown on promises to First Nations pledges new Indigenous languages law